Laser hair removal is today one of the most effective and definitive forms of hair removal, and its price is adapting to a market in which there are more and more clients. There are always people willing to permanently remove their unwanted facial and body hair, but many times, the price makes it a considered decision, so we are going to dedicate this post to talking about the average cost of laser hair removal in different countries and factors affecting the price.
What affects the cost of laser hair removal?
As a permanent hair removal method, laser hair removal is very expensive but you will find the cost worth it in the long term. Consider what you spend now for buying razors, cream and how much time you repeat shaving, plucking, and waxing all your life. Dream a life where you never suffer from razor bumps and ingrown hairs.
With the development of types of laser devices, the price of laser hair removal varies from one clinic to another and from one country to another, according to the type of device used and the quality of the service provided. First of all, let’s look over the following 5 factors in detail:
- Size of the area to be treated and time required for it. Small areas, such as the upper lip require less time than large areas like legs, chest, butt, or back. Sometimes laser hair removal with only the fingers, or elbow will cost cheaper than a full body hair removal because fewer flashes will be required.
- The number of sessions required. You must think that, when you apply the laser, it is normal not to finish with 100% of the hair, so over time you will have to go to extra sessions, which usually fall within the final price offered. This will be discussed during the consultation, the experts of the clinic you attend will make a diagnosis of which is the best plan.
- The color of your hair and skin. Your skin color also plays a role in the laser hair removal cost. Laser hair removal typically works better with dark hair and light skin. Because the high-energy light from the laser will be absorbed by the melanin or pigment in the hair. If you have very dark or tanned skin, the laser energy may be aborted by your skin, you may have a risk of skin stains, burns, and keloids. And if you have fair skin and light hair, like peach fuzz on face, the energy can’t destroy your hair root with no pigment. As a result, your doctor may use a different laser hair removal machine or reduce the energy during each session so you’re likely to require more treatments to get satisfactory results.
- Training of the professional who performs the procedure. In addition, these prices also vary depending on the training of the person who is applying it to you. It is not the same for someone who has taken a specialized course to apply it to a board-certified dermatologist.
- Region of the country where the specialized clinic is located. The area of the country where you live in America is also the main factor of laser hair removal cost. If you get treatment in a city that has a high cost of living, such as New York, Los Angels, the price of laser hair removal will also increase accordingly.
The average cost of laser hair removal in the USA
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, laser hair removal costs on average around $389 per session in 2020. Each of the laser hair removal sessions can cost from $ 200 to $ 1,200 depending on the area to be treated. Later it is likely that a review appointment will be required that can cost from $ 300 to $ 1,000 depending on the center you go to.
- Read also: Brazilian laser hair removal cost
Average laser hair removal cost by area for women:
|Area of Treatment||Minimum Price||Maximum Price|
|Back Side of Body||$450||$850|
Average laser hair removal cost by area for Men:
Most clinics only have the following treatment for men, because many men essentially are not interested all removed.
|Area of Treatment||Minimum Price||Maximum Price|
However, multi-session packages are generally offered with special discounts so you can save on your entire treatment. The complete treatments per area take 5-10 sessions, depending on the type of technology used. The laser hair removal package in the USA starts from $1650 only approximately.
Below shows the cost range of laser hair removal package in the USA：
|Area of Treatment||
Package of 5-6 Treatment
Package of 8 treatments
Small areas (bikini line, upper lip, underarms)
Medium areas (full face, Brazilian, neck)
Large areas (full legs, full chest, and shoulders)
How many treatments are needed for laser hair removal?
The number of hair removal treatments differs from one person to another. In general, people with light skin and thick, dark hair need fewer sessions than people with dark skin and fine hair, for example. The ideal is to buy a package of 5 sessions and, if necessary, buy more sessions. The sessions can be performed with an interval of 30-45 days and when the hairs appear.
Does laser hair remove hair permanently?
Laser hair removal claims to be a permanent hair removal method. But it's not true. A series of treatments only result in a permanent reduction in hair regrowth. Some people will notice complete hair removal, which can last for an extended period of time. However, most people will need follow-up treatments to prevent hair growth.
Want to save money and time? At-home IPL laser hair removal handset may be your best choice.
If you have not yet decided to try permanent hair removal because you think it is an expensive and inaccessible method, keep reading because this information will interest you.
First of all, you should know that not all permanent hair removal is the laser. There are different types of lasers and there is also hair removal with intense pulsed light (IPL), which in addition to being more accessible in terms of price, has fewer risks for your skin, and can be used at home.
What is IPL laser hair removal and how does it work?
IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light technology. IPL is different from the laser as it applies very gentle pulses of light to the hair pigment (melanin) of your hair. Melanin helps the hair absorb the light and convert the light to heat. Finally, too much heat destroys the hair follicle, slowing and preventing hair regrowth.
- Read more: Laser VS. IPL hair removal
At-home IPL laser hair removal devices come with less power than laser hair removal in clinics. But the price you pay for an IPL device is the price you pay for per laser treatment. Over multiple treatments, IPL devices also reduce the same amount of hairs as the laser. Besides, IPL devices can be used at home, with no worry about the discomfort of dermatologists’ gaze.
The market is full of different types of IPL hair removal machines and it is a difficult task to choose the best one. Here we recommend the best IPL laser hair removal handset in the market - MissPeachy. It meets the FDA standard of wavelength, which can safely and effectively remove your unwanted or ingrown facial or body hairs in just 4 weeks. Whether it's face, Brazilian, legs, buttocks, armpits, or arms, MissPeachy IPL Laser hair removal handset seamlessly brings you smooth, hair-free skin. This device has unlimited flashes and lasts more than 10 years if you use it according to the instructions. Moreover, MissPeachy offers a 90-day money-back guarantee and 1-year warranty if the product doesn’t meet your expectations or has any defects during 1-year use.
Now you know how much laser hair removal cost. But keep in mind It is important to choose the center based on the technology you use, the experience of the specialist, and the results of the people who have had laser hair removal treatment. It is essential not to trust prices that are below the average because they can put your health at risk.
If you want an affordable and time-saving way to get rid of unwanted hairs, you can have a try with the MissPeachy IPL laser hair removal handset. Be patient to use the device, you will get permanent hair reduction just like the laser in a clinic.
I hope this article has helped you.